Time bonuses in the finish line and the intermediate sprints will be maintained in the Itzulia 2019. According to article 8 of the regulation “Time bonuses will be granted in the finish lines of all stages, except the 4th (I.T.T.), with 10, 6 and 4 seconds respectively to the first three classifieds. In the same stages, bonuses will be also given in the intermediate sprints. The first three riders classified in those points will receive 3, 2 and 1 second respectively”.
This decision was taken as a decision of the organization aims to encourage the fight between riders and give emotion to the overall classification.
There will be two intermediate sprints in each stage, except in the time trial, and they will be in the following points:
- 2nd stage. Zumarraga - Gorraiz: in Biriku at Km 111,8 and in Sarriguren at Km 125,9
- 3rd stage. Sarriguren - Estibaliz: in Uribarri Harana at Km 125,3 and in Uribarri Ganboa at Km 172,5
- 4th stage. Vitoria-Gasteiz - Arrigorriaga: in Undurraga at Km 119,1 and in Orozko at Km 136,6
- 5th stage. Arrigorriaga - Arrate: in Elgoibar at Km 98,8 and in Markina at Km 121,4
- 6th stage. Eibar - Eibar: in Elgoibar at Km 69,5 and in Eibar at Km 96,1